Saturday, March 25, 2017

Happy Anniversary

As many readers are aware, Bruce and I hooked up in March, 1979.
Thirty years later, in March 2009, we got married .... 

Over ....


March 9, 2009, Huatulco, Mexico. Bruce and I chant with Jeannine Woodall in a ceremony shared by all the people at our yoga retreat, including my dear friend Kate Storey. 
These roses were part of the ceremony and I photographed them in their water bottle in the washroom in our room.

... and over ...
March 21, 2009. Bruce and I got married full and proper in front of a small crowd, including my dear friend Kate Storey, gathered in Bruce's parents' living room. 

As you can see in this array of corsages and boutonnieres, I stayed with the orange rose colour scheme. Our talented florists added green roses, peacock feathers and orange orchids for flair.

... and over again

On July 4, 2009, we threw a yard party featuring a handmade ceremony for a crowd of about 100 people, including my dear friend Kate Storey.

Flowers weren't a big part of the July party. But, we did have pony rides, a bounce castle and, most expensive of all, this cake. 


All these parties are happy memories. But that doesn't mean it's out of the question I might forget.

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017, I came home from work and spotted a vase of roses on the dining room table. 

"What're the flowers for?" I asked.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment