Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Really?

Paris is a treasure trove. The picture above by Claude Monet is entitled Impression Sunrise and is where the Impressionists got their name.

And I was standing right in front of it. And I had the presence of mind to take a picture. I did that a few times today ... realize what I was seeing, catch my breath, try to frame it in a photo.  

As follows:

A statue of Benjamin Franklin by the Palais de Chaillot. 

A plaque on a tumble-down old house, commemorating Olympe de Gouges, famous for pissing the wrong people off with feminist sentiments, and being executed during the Terror.



Bruce by Napoleon's Bed.

Expect more of this. Tomorrow we're going to the Louvre.

Thanks for reading!

A bientôt!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Why is there a statue of Benjamin Franklin in Paris?

    ReplyDelete