Saturday, November 12, 2022

Wrong Shoe, Wrong Foot

Not made for walking: "shoes" at the Bata Museum
I was in negotiations for a job this past week. A job, the more I think about it, and the more I hear from the person I'm negotiating with, that I don't want.

I find myself in this situation because I still wonder, even after three years of happy retirement, if there isn't a paid job out there that would be fun, interesting and remunerative enough to make me want to put up with all the other nonsense having a job entails.

But, even as the offer was made this week, I was thinking, "Wait, if I do this then I won't be able to go on that trip, or take this course, or do that other fun thing."

Also, the pay wasn't just low; it was ridiculous.

This all came about because someone asked me if I'd be interested in working with them, and I said "yes, but on a part-time, temporary basis." Evidently, all they heard was "yes."

Maybe I've learned my lesson this time. Next time I hear that question, I'll just say no.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen








 





No comments:

Post a Comment