Saturday, November 26, 2022

Long, Cold Winter



In April, 2018, I spent about twenty-four hours in total assembling these three paper sculptures. They came in kits made by a company called Low Poly Crafts. I found them at the One of a Kind Spring show that year. The kits were doable (as you can see) but sufficiently demanding (the dachshund was a real stinker) that it took me almost five years before I felt like I wanted to do another. 

Low Poly Crafts was at this winter's One of a Kind, so I bought a squirrel... 

and a sloth.  

These are product photos, not my finished efforts.

According to the package descriptions, these are of even higher level difficulty than the other three.

Just the thing for a long, cold winter.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Humm, clever how you buried the "small print" [that "These are product photos, not my finished efforts"] knowing many readers would only quickly scan your blog and be left with an unrealistic impression of your craftsmanship! šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan! Karen DID the first three, and a smashing job at it! at first glance I thought they were wood carvings. Very cool

      Delete