Saturday, March 14, 2020

Tales from the Plague Year

The picture that's not shown in today's post was the one I didn't take at the Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws when I was there a couple of days ago.

That would have been a shot of the used face mask that someone had left behind on a table by the Nutella cafe. 


***
The other day I popped into Loblaws to buy some instant breakfast oatmeal.

In front of the well-stocked cereal shelves stood a young woman - maybe in her early to mid thirties - seemingly making a hard decision. I saw her cough into her hand and then use the same hand to touch some of the packages on the shelves.

"Good lord," I thought and hung back from her, scanning the shelves for the product I wanted. I thought I saw the right one, grabbed it and retreated to a safe distance. But, dammit, I'd taken the wrong package. So I had to go back into the hot zone.

I was trying to find the right stuff when ol' Typhoid Mary walks right up to me, stands real close, and asks me if the oatmeal I was purchasing tasted like the original.

I could have screamed and fled. But, instead I tried to answer her unanswerable question. As I talked with my head titled as far back as it could go, I got the right product in my basket, returned the wrong product to the shelf and got the hell out of there.


***
My Christmas gift to Bruce was a membership at the YMCA. For the months of January and February, there were many excuses - we had to move Bruce's dad; we were in Amsterdam for ten days - to not initiate the membership.

But, early in March we went ahead and signed Bruce up ....

More Reno Shots

For better hand washing ...




Thanks for reading!

Keep those hands clean!

Karen






   


No comments:

Post a Comment