Saturday, November 23, 2019

Still Not Retired

Spread at the Peter Pan Bistro: yummy
Days to go count is at 20, but because throwing a retirement party on December 20 is doomed to fail, I asked 60 former and current colleagues, plus friends and family to join me for some food and speeches last night.

The venue was the rooms upstairs at the Peter Pan Bistro; catering by same. I would not hesitate to recommend it. Do ask for the charcuterie and the zucchini fritters.

Big parties that are all about me happen rarely in my life.  They are overwhelming. I have difficulty now remembering how the whole evening went, but the crowd was a good size, maintained a raucous conversation and laughed appreciably at all the dumb jokes in my speech.

Some guests assumed that Friday was my last in the Ontario Pubic Service. I said, nope, I have another month to go.

Another month ...

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

Appearing tonight only:
 three former directors of the
 Air Policy and Climate Change Branch
  




No comments:

Post a Comment