Saturday, November 30, 2019

Par-tay

  



 

 

     

 

 

 

 



These photos record some but not all of the people who came to my "not a retirement party" party.  

Putting captions on these shots wrecks the layout, so use your imagination to figure out who among those pictured above are: 
  • Bryne Brown, the first friend I made at the first job I had in Toronto at Ireland Graphics
  • Mark Winfield from the Canadian Institute for Environmental Law and Policy, my first job after my call to the bar
  • Loren Vanderlinden and Sean Severin from the City of Toronto. I worked with Loren on the City of Toronto Pesticide Bylaw; I worked with Sean on the City of Toronto Air Quality Strategy
  • My former boss at the Ministry of the Environment, Adam Redish
  • My former boss at the Ministry of the Environment, Jennifer Hooper
  • My current boss at the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, Carolyn Calwell
  • Tim Christie, the guy I beat at United Way Trivia
  • The bridesmaids at one of my many wedding ceremonies: Jennifer Backer and Hillary Cox
  • Kim and Kevan 
  • Bruce's cousins: Richard Brown, Bernie Brown, Marianne Galwas and Rich Galwas.
  • Dolly Goyette, who I saw at Barry Duffey's retirement party on the 21st, and who came to my party on the 22nd, and I went to hers on the 28th
  • Anne Fleming, a friend from law school and the talented host for the evening
In the last photo, I'm posing with Ryan Zade, one of the people on my team, plus my discarded 4" heels.

It hasn't been all retirement parties this past week. I also went to a "Division Day" at work. Austerity measures helped us have fun and build a stronger team by hanging out for the afternoon in a condo party room, eating pizza, playing board games and receiving "SNAPPY" awards from our boss. Aside from our salaries for the half day, no tax dollars were spent.

Thanks for reading!

15 days left!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment