Saturday, July 8, 2017

Westward Ho

Bright and early tomorrow morning, Bruce and I will be heading out to Pearson Airport to catch an Air Canada flight to Victoria. 

Our itinerary includes time on the island with an old friend, even older family, very new family (my grandniece and grandnephew) and, with any luck, perfect weather.

Then we'll hop on the ferry to Horseshoe Bay at Departure Bay, catch a shuttle up to Whistler, and spend a couple of days there before venturing into the interior to hang out at Bruce's brother's no-road-access cottage at "the lake."

Many readers know I was born in B.C. Every time we go there - and we've been going there a lot since we hit our fifties - I wonder why we don't live there, for the following obvious reasons.

This is me on Whistler mountain ...



... me and my sister Carol in Cathedral Grove ...



 Bruce at Beacon Hill Park examining a work of art ...




 My niece Holly and nephew-in-law Andrew getting married on Denman Island ... 


Bruce and his brother Jeff on Whistler Mountain .... 


The Kinsol trestle ...


... me, my sister-in-law Annikka and Bruce at the Pemberton Music Festival ... 


... my cousin Deb and my sister Carol in Qualicum Beach at a family reunion in July 2015.


Coming soon: more photos of these and other people and things we are happy to be travelling to see.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment