Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Nanaimo and Qualicum


 We departed our Victoria B&B around 10:00 a.m. when my sister Carol came to pick us up in her spiffy new car to take us to Nanaimo. 

That afternoon, we hiked around Westwood Lake, stopped in to say hi to my niece and her husband (to make more detailed plans to see them and their kids the next day) and then went to Carol's place for a home-prepared meal with halibut and three kinds of salad.

The next day we spent the brilliantly sunny morning hiking around Nanaimo Harbour which is where, suddenly and without warning, the electronics in my camera lens went kerflooey. 

The shot above was taken with my phone.

After going for lunch with my nephew Troy, and before we headed a bit further up island to Qualicum Beach to see my cousin Pat, the assignment was to find a camera lens.

In BC, they sell camera equipment at London Drugs. Very expensive camera equipment. 

I have a spiffy new 14-150 mm zoom lens for the camera. If it lasts the rest of the vacation, I'll have paid about $100/day for the pleasure of being able to take pictures like these:


My niece Holly and her second-born, Charlotte, who is just turning two and who had been colouring that day, hence the temporary tattoo on her left arm.

Dylan, Charlotte's big brother.

Charlotte with her dad in the background, seated on a chair painted by Joe Rosenblatt.

Our host Cliff.

Our real host: Mango-the-cat.
 Thanks for reading!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment