Saturday, December 3, 2016

Neighbourhood Embellishments


For the past three or so weeks, this little tractor has been chained to the bike stand right outside our front door on Sherbourne Street. Two weeks ago, one morning as I was leaving for work, I saw a tall man, probably in his late thirties or early forties, walking toward me, carrying a "top prize at the fair"-sized stuffed bear. When he got to the tractor, he put the bear in the seat and removed the chain. Realizing I was staring, I headed off to work and did not see what happened next.


This blinged-up motorcycle has sat in front of "Wildside" - a retail outlet for drag queens on Gerrard Street - for years. 


This festive display at the corner of Gerrard and George streets is brand new this week.







Thanks for reading! 

Have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment