Saturday, September 24, 2016

Back To Work Week After Next



Time flies. I have only a bit more than a week left in my hip holiday.

Before my surgery, because no one told me about the likely progress of my rehabilitation, I thought that by this time post surgery I would be in my second week of a short-term membership at Curves, riding a stationary cycle to get the strength back in my legs, and working with weights to bring the rest of my body back into shape.

Nope.

That is not to say that I am doing badly. I used the morning of my birthday this past Friday to see my physiotherapist, Mariam, and talk about how I was doing and what I was going to do next.

She was very pleased with my progress and said I was doing fine. She wants me to still walk with a cane so that the muscles continue to build strength the right way.

She mentioned that it was nice to see that I was so motivated. 

I understand how some people might not be motivated to do their therapy, but it is absolutely out of the question that I wouldn't be. 

I am happy that I am out of pain, but I also want to be active again. There's only one way to do that.


***********

The Ruler of a small but pleasant realm is pondering her next steps after a disastrous showing by the Wordsmiths.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading!

Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment