Saturday, April 5, 2014

Shingles Jingles


St Augustine lizard

My wish for everyone in the world is that they never, ever get shingles.

Mine popped up on or about March 4, and, while some people never know what triggered theirs, I'm willing to bet mine arose from the combined impact of two weeks away from home capped by that epic bender in Kingston. These knocked my immune system down far enough that the lurking virus broke free.

Anyone curious about shingles will find a mountain of information on the Internet along with sad stories about people whose lives are never the same because of chronic pain or itching that lingers long after the viral outbreak is spent.

I, however, appear to be a member of the lucky 90% and won't suffer to the end of my days from the torturous signals of damaged nerves. 

Yippee.

Now that my holidays and my outbreak are behind me, it's life as usual in these parts:


My first priority today, however, is to get a new fridge. The piece of crap barely six-year-old GE model that came with the house has died. Thanks to the Internet, I already know who I'm going to call and what model of refrigerator I want to talk with them about. Then I'll see if I can get it delivered today. My final gambit will be to see if they will guarantee delivery within one half hour or it's free.

Here's Molly's post.

Thanks for reading!

Karen


  


 






No comments:

Post a Comment