Saturday, December 10, 2022

My Life on Hold


Today I read in the Toronto Star that "thousands of airline passengers may be entitled to a refund but the claims process is so onerous and time consuming, they eventually give up." So I know I'm not alone.

Still, after the response to last week's blog, I decided I was not going to let an onerous and time consuming process keep me from trying one more time to get paid $83.00 because Air Canada lost my bag.

But I wanted to make better use of the time I knew it would take.

So, this past week, as the "on hold" music played and a woman told me every 120 seconds that my call was important to her, I assembled my Low Poly Craft sloth, and waited for someone to answer. 

I wanted to be very certain that I understood which documents, exactly, I needed to send. I had the sloth's face and front legs assembled by the time an agent answered my call. She confirmed what I'd been told last week, that I needed to get a note from Air Canada saying that they hadn't paid me for my lost bag. "OK." I said. "How do I do that?" The agent couldn't say.

I had the sloth's torso completed by the time Air Canada customer service answered and told me how to request the desired document.

By the time I had the sloth all put together, I had everything I needed to complete my claim.

I have no idea if my claim will be honoured, but I did manage to get one thing done.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

Six pieces of paper make a face.

How it looks inside.

7 comments:

  1. You rank right up there with Penelope! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see that you are persevering. Even if you don’t succeed you are helping to teach Air Canada agents how to do their job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sloth is perfectly made! so glad you stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is worth hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps the sloth should work for Air Canada?

    ReplyDelete