Thursday, October 20, 2022

Andy Warhol and Me

I can't decide if Andy Warhol was a great artist or just a guy with a gift for flattering rich people who ran a long con.

We spent two hours yesterday at the Andy Warhol Museum, the storehouse for all things Andy, with a chronologically curated selection of his many, many works.

Usually, after that much time in a museum, I feel "full", like I can't absorb any more information. Yesterday, I felt like I'd spent my time shopping, but hadn't seen anything I liked. 

Correction. I liked these:

Nixon and Agnew hand puppets from one of the hundreds of "Time Capsule" boxes Warhol obsessively collected for more than a decade before he died. 

After the museum, we crossed the Allegheny and Monongehela rivers and rode up the Duquesne Incline.

You can see what kind of a day it was: cold, rainy, windy.

And I took pictures of Bruce interacting with his environment:

By the fountain where the rivers meet.

With Roberto Clemente Walker.

With the big wheels that pull the incline cables.
Today the weather will be warmer and dryer. We're going to the Carnegie Art Museum. And I'm going to get my camera out of the repair shop.

Thanks for reading!

Karen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment