Saturday, July 16, 2022

Certified



Just before my impulsive decision to retire from the Ontario Public Service in 2019, I completed training in how to be a coach. 

Is this another example of Doug Ford throwing away scarce resources financed by the public dime (in this case me)? 

Sure, but it's more my point that my good experience with coaching in the public service made me suggestible when the notion of being a book coach presented itself late last year

And now, seven months and many hours of self-directed learning and practicums later, I am officially certified. 


The best part of being a book coach, as opposed to a policy director in the public service, is I can tell people what I do and they don't get that look in their eye. The look that says they want me to stop talking about what I do.

A book coach helps people write books. People who want to start their book project the best way possible. People who are writing a book and need support, cheerleading and honest feedback. People who have written a book and want help to market it to agents and publishers. 

A coach supports all these things, so a writer can, in much less time and for much less money, write their best book. And maybe even get it published.

So now there's a new meaning when I say thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen


 




No comments:

Post a Comment