Saturday, November 24, 2018

FitBit(e) Me


Gingko berries: abundant, smelly, delicious (?). Find the answers here
I first strapped on my Fitbit on October 25. It's been my bossy, know-it-all little friend ever since.

I got the Fitbit because I don't trust the heart monitoring sensors on the equipment at the gym. It seemed impossible that my heart rate could be so high.

Now I wonder.

Anyway. Now, not only do I know all about my heart rate, I am fully briefed on the steps I've taken, the calories I've burned and how well I have slept.

The gist: I get enough exercise; I don't get enough sleep. And it takes everything I can do in a day to burn 2,000 calories.

A few surprising things about my new gadget: the Fitbit is a movie critic. While I watched the new Coen brothers movie - the Ballad of Buster Scruggs - on Netflix, the 'Bit said "Oh, I see you've taken a nap."

The 'Bit is also easy to fool. I chopped vegetables to make a pot roast and it said, "Overachiever! You're 2,000 steps over your goal!"

Thanks for reading!

Karen

I made this in 2,367 steps.










No comments:

Post a Comment