Saturday, December 23, 2017

Joy

I think I was in the Allan Gardens when I heard two people wish one another a “Happy December," an interesting avoidance of the whole denominational aspect of what people are celebrating this time of year.


I was definitely in the Allan Gardens, along with dozens if not hundreds of others, when I enjoyed the seasonal display in the fine old greenhouse.

On that day, through some arrangement of Toronto Parks and Recreation (I imagine) people from all over the city who had come to see the greenhouse could also take a sleigh ride through the unsnowy park.

Two draught horses and a grumpy driver with a wagon full of Muslim women having the time of their lives.

So here’s my version of “Happy December’

"May this season bring you the joy you’d feel on the very first sleigh ride of your life."

Have a Happy New Year!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment