Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Day Without Tylenol

The great and dreadful Filmore's strip club: a neighbourhood institution I won't miss
(the site is slated for redevelopment).
Watch this blog for a story that proves the sign wrong.
 
I sat down at the dinner table the other night and Bruce said, "it is really nice to see how far you've come from where you were before your surgery."

That was nice to hear. It means that Bruce is seeing improvement, not just from the massive blow that was my hip replacement surgery, but also from the pain I was in before the surgery.

I am off daily doses of pain killers for the first time in two years. 

It all started after our return from our trip to San Francisco in January 2015. It took me until April to get a diagnosis and until May to share the fact that I had arthritis.  Now, more or less on the second anniversary of the initial onslaught, I am as pain free as anyone pushing sixty can expect to be.

That truly is a miracle of pain relief.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment