Monday, December 14, 2015

Paris - Last Day


This is my COP21 selfie. In the background, you can see the name of the space where everything happened, Le Bourget. You can also see receding behind me the welcoming flag / bombardment barrier festooned with the colours of all the counties in attendance.


I saw a lot unusual things in Paris, none more so than a winged, stuffed fox with rhinestones around its neck. 


And nothing was quite so over the top as the atrium of les Galleries Lafayette, bursting at the seams with shoppers and 5000 euro handbags, just down the road from my hotel.

As for the climate agreement, I was on my way home on Saturday December 12 - maybe halfway through the second of the four airplane movies I watched - when the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change reached consensus on the Paris Outcome.  

Good job.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment