Saturday, August 29, 2015

Have Cane. Will Travel.


When I went to see the director of the physiotherapy clinic I mentioned in last week's post, one of the things he told me was to get a cane.

He said, "most people don't like this advice ..." and I knew why not. 

As he spoke the words, the image that came to mind was my mother walking toward me when I'd come home for a visit in the late 80's. She was using a cane. I was struck at the time by the realization that my mother was growing old.

Growing old isn't just for parents anymore.

But, as with all the advice the physiotherapist has given me, the cane has made my life better. Without it to help distribute the weight my hip bears, I can walk painlessly maybe a kilometre or two before I'm seized up in agony. With the cane, I can go ten times that far, no problem.

Canes totally rock.


*****************

Another Experiment in Behavioural Science - Part IV

The ranks just keep growing of super smart survey respondents. Join the burgeoning sweet-smelling hordes by responding to this week's question here.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

1 comment: