Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolutions


Photo Credit: Kevan MacRow


Open House Overview

Twenty guests came to the open house on December 29 and ate and conversed heartily.

As you can see, the place was fairly festively decked out. 


In case you're wondering, this took hours to put together, minutes to take apart.

Photo Credit: Kevan MacRow

The little hemlock sported a few extra baubles this year.


Photo Credit: Kevan MacRow


Photo Credit: Kevan MacRow





Inside, there was lots to eat and drink. 

Referring to the notes I made for last year's party, I reprised the salsa, guacamole and onion dip, and made rather than bought the hummus. Something new on the cheese board was a fig and olive tapenade, without the garlic and walnuts in the recipe, because I felt there was enough garlic already in the dips and I forgot about the walnuts. Another recipe I would try again is Festive Nuts, but never mind about the dried cherries; they don't add a thing.

My caterer from last year - Tiffinday - was closed for the holidays, so I went with everyone's contingency plan, President's Choice. These were remarkably good. I wouldn't hesitate to use these again the next time I'm in a pinch for decent hors d'oeuvres. 

Party Fashion Update

In the photo below, the busy hostess appears to be checking her party app on her iPad to make sure everything is in order before the guests arrive. In fact, I'm playing Yahtzee, or maybe Scrabble.

The dress should look familiar. It's really the only dress I buy anymore: a Holly Boatneck from Pam Chorley's Fashion Crimes on Queen West. I wore an unpolka-dotted version at the Amethyst Awards, and an off-white lace-covered version at my wedding.

Photo Credit: Kevan MacRow

What Was that You Said About Resolutions???

Right. New Year's Resolutions. For almost two years now, I have been trying to finish the blog I started about Molly the Dog. The last time I published a post was in July 2013. This year I resolve to change all that. I have about ten more posts to make before the sequence of stories is done. I will finish all ten in the next few weeks and publish one a week until the whole story of our silly little dog is told. 

If you haven't already seen it, the opening post to Molly's blog is here. And today's post can be found here.

Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment