Saturday, June 18, 2022

Unlimited

Self portrait with Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Room.
Art Gallery of Ontario, June 16, 2022

With the lifting of all COVID restricitions in Ontario, the world has unfolded like a time lapse video of a blossoming rose. 

Since Saturday, June 11, I have

- attended live theatre (2 Pianos 4 Hands), 

- visited friends for dinner, 

- had a mani-pedi, 

- gone to the periodontist, 

- chaired a condo board meeting (with our band new property management company), 

- attended a yoga class, 

- had tea with my yoga teacher, 

- had dinner out with friends, 

- stood in Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Room at the AGO, 

- visited with a book coaching buddy over drinks in the afternoon and 

- eaten lunch out with friends.

In other words, except for our trips out west and to Ireland, I've done more this past week than I did in the past two years.

But, it's easier to fall into a hole than climb out. Isolating to help fight the pandemic came naturally to me. Now, it's hard for me to be entirely comfortable with all this activity and all these people. I feel awkward and anxious at times. I worry about things, like my grey hair, that I didn't before. I assume this will pass. I'm not looking back.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen

Hot, Hot, Hot!
What summer in the city feels like
- part of the Faith and Fortune Show
at the AGO. 





 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment