Saturday, July 17, 2021

Interlude

For the first time in a year: guests at breakfast.

At the beginning of the pandemic, people lined up to shop for groceries. As the pandemic winds down (at least in Ontario, at least for now),  the longest line ups are for clothing stores. The other week, the line up for Winners in College Park snaked all the way to Bay Street (that's about 500 metres). Yesterday, on Queen West, the line outside of Brandy Melville covered the sidewalk ... though there may have been more going on there than just the receding pandemic.

I mentioned a few posts ago that by now - July 17 - I should have had a hair cut and should be looking forward to having guests over for dinner in August.

I've switched the order on those. This past week, we had overnight guests. We had breakfast and dinner at home.

The haircut's not happening until August 4.

I'm acclimatizing to a busier, more people-y world. I no longer start at the sight of folks shaking hands. Busy sidewalks aren't a source of anxiety anymore. When I go for a walk, I'm just walking, not fighting off my sense of isolation and trying not to endanger my neighbours. 

There's less at stake in leaving the house.

Tomorrow, we're going to a movie (Black Widow).

While the world... especially the federal Green Party ...  collapses, burnsfloods, and is tornadoed into smithereens, I'm going to enjoy this short interlude before the next big wallop.

Thanks for reading.

Have a great week!

Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment