Saturday, October 26, 2019

Start the Countdown

Unauthorized reproduction: Photos were not allowed in the "Cut and Paste" show at the Modern Art Museum in Edinburg, but I took this anyway. In pre-Reich Germany, freedom of expression was a thing, so artists made satirical images of Hitler to no avail.
On Monday I told my team I was leaving the Ontario Public Service. In rapid order, an invitation to my "I'm NOT Retiring" party went out. When my boss received hers she remembered to release the announcement I'd written for her.

So it's official. I spent the week booking lunches and coffee dates with people I want to see one more time before I leave.

Has anything changed since I announced? 

Yes.

People are interrogating me about my travel plans. And people who have almost never had anything to do with me are inviting me to their meetings and dropping by my office. 

The celebrity of impending scarcity, I guess.  

Thanks for reading!

39 days left!

Karen



  

No comments:

Post a Comment