Saturday, May 5, 2018

Blurred Images

Spring - when it finally arrives - brings exotic strangers to our back yard.
Migrating birds hang out for a day or two to fill up on the bug life in the pine trees. We hear them more often than we see them, but sometimes their movement gives their location away.

The fetching redhead in this picture was three yards over and twenty feet up, his head a blur from hammering on the tree bark. 


The astonishing white-footed squirrel in the pictures below was closer by, but more skittish than the woodpecker. The autofocus on my camera found the bricks and tree in the background more interesting, but I just cannot get over this little guy. 





I've encountered other fuzzy pictures recently. 

Lazily clicking links on the CBC news website, I came across a statement more amazing to me than the white footed squirrel. That is, an explanation for why men in the Republican leadership outnumber women fifty to one, as opposed to the Democrats who actively recruit women in and have slightly better representation:
"The donors in the Republican Party, they don't see gender. They want commitment to conservative ideology. And so they don't care about the gender of the candidate," [Michelle Swers, a congressional expert] said.
Less hilarious, but equally illustrative of how things change depending on how you look at them, I got my ancestry.ca results to compare with my 23andMe results. 

According to the latter, I am forty percent Scots and twenty percent German. According to Ancestry.ca, it's the other way around. I am predominantly German and Polish and only one fifth Scots. 

It could be the marketing was lying to me.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen 






No comments:

Post a Comment