Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Last Time I was in Paris ...

The first photo in a long series of
Bruce with something coming out of his head.



















The last time I was in Paris, in late September 1986, there had been a series of terrorist attacks just two weeks before, between September 5 and 17, killing 12 people and injuring more than 180. 

Bruce and I had to scramble for visas in order to be allowed into the country.

The Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is supposed to start on November 30 in Paris, and I'm supposed to be there, but I'm not sure what's going to happen.

In 1986 when we visited Paris, we did not fear for our safety at all. We saw army personnel everywhere in the City of Lights. They searched my bag at the entrance to every museum. But we were unconcerned.

We were 29 years old and nothing bad had ever happened to us. There was nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks for reading. Say a prayer or two for the good people of Paris. And have a great week.

Karen








No comments:

Post a Comment