Saturday, April 25, 2015

What You'll Find in Toronto on A Fine Spring Afternoon

Still Dancing - Distillery District
Home-made hot sauce and Pan Am cheerleading Barbies for sale

Saturday April 18 was one of the first truly lovely days of 2015. So we strolled around. I took some sunny photos of things that appealed to me. 

More love locks - Distillery District

The Distillery District is an official tourist attraction. Everything there is predicated on the idea that it will be photographed. No surprise that the DD has become a prime location for engagement and wedding photos.

We found the home-made hot sauce and Pan Am Game cheerleaders in hand-crocheted outfits on Gerrard Street just east of Parliament. Not an especially touristy part of town. 

Still, the ebullient proprietress selling this stuff was welcoming and friendly. Because I took photos of her wares, I felt I should buy a bottle of hot sauce. She assured me it was not too hot. 

"Mild enough for a baby," she said. 

Sure, I thought to myself, your baby.

When I got the bottle home, I checked the label. The first two ingredients were papaya and scotch bonnet peppers.

I tasted as much as I could put on the thinnest end of a toothpick. 

Bruce thinks we might be able to use it to keep raccoons out of the garden.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

Karen





1 comment: