Saturday, October 11, 2014

What the Hell Is That?!? and Sparky: The Reader Survey


On rare occasions these days I have fun at my job. And so I recently was in Union Station to start a tour of the unimaginably complicated "Big Move" infrastructure works - or, at least, the parts of those works involving the connection of Union Station with Pearson Airport. I had people from all over the country trailing after me as we made our way through the mobs of commuters and construction-caused congestion on the walkways into the station.

Then we looked up and saw the thing in the picture. Everyone wanted an explanation right away and the one I gave them ... "I think it has something to do with Nuit Blanche " ... didn't suffice.

***************************************************************

I want to thank all my readers - 22 of you according to Google - who chugged all the way through Sparky's murder mystery. I had a lot of fun writing the story, though it caused me a recreational level of stress, too. The same sort of stress, I imagine, a reasonably capable downhill skier feels when they're on a difficult or new slope. They know they've got the skills to get to the bottom in one piece, they're just not entirely sure how they'll get there. The uncertainty is part of the fun.

As I fumbled my way through the twenty-one episodes, my thrilling uncertainty was twofold: is anyone reading this? and, if people are reading it, are they enjoying it? 

If you'd like, you can answer a very short, five minute survey to sate my lingering curiosity about the readers' response to Sparky's story.

You can find the Readers' Survey here.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment