Friday, August 15, 2014

Sense of Home and Sparky: Erratum


As did armies of old, some of the celebrants at the Pemberton Music Festival bore standards.

Among the ensigns held high and brandished with pride were Poppa Smurf, Steve Buscemi's head, a Jagermeister flag and... the one in the middle of the shot above.

There's a cut-out of Rob Ford on the side away from the camera. The side you can see reads: I DON'T POP MOLLY I ROCK ROB FORD. Molly, for all the non-hipsters among my readers, is slang for the party drug ecstasy. I didn't know this when I saw the sign; I know it now because I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary.

Sparky's Funtime Summertime Murder Mystery
Erratum 

The publishers of Sparky's Funtime Summertime Murder Mystery regret to inform all our loyal readers (all four of you: you know who you are) that there was an error in the closing lines of last week's episode.

Subscribers were sent a version that included the following statements:


"What do you want to know about them?"
"Everything! What do you know?"
"A thing or two," she said. "Gerry Ringbold was my half-brother."



What the author meant to say was:



"What do you want to know about them?"
"Everything! What do you know?"
"A thing or two," she said. "I grew up in Pea's house. And Gerry Ringbold was my half-nephew."


The publishers regret the error.

Also, the author's sister is getting married again. Sparky will resume next week.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment