Sunday, October 6, 2013

Strange Coincidences

It is not just famous athletes who retire, return, retire and return again.

In the footsteps of greats like Magic Johnson and Rocky Balboa, I have also returned to the sport of gritting my teeth, grabbing the rail and hauling myself up 1776 stairs to raise money for the United Way.

As has been so much the case these past few months, this turn of events is all the fault of my former boss. He has climbed the CN tower so many times they have a chair in the lobby with his name on it. Because I now do what he used to, evidently that extends to CN Tower climbs. I hope it stops there.

This will be my third time and, I solemnly swear, my last. When I climbed the tower in 2011, I raised $2,500 to provide services to people who really need our help. That's my fundraising target for this year, too. Here's the link to my site. Thanks for your support!

*********************************************************

Everyone remembers "Gus," the xylaria polymorpha growing in my back yard. Here's a picture of another Gus, the Boston terrier pup who has just moved in with a colleague of mine. He gets walked twice a day by a person who doubles as a wedding photographer and who sees a strong resemblance.


Thanks for reading!  Have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment